1203閱讀一making inferences

MAKING INFERENCES


 
What is “making inferences”
It is a kind of guess.
You use things you’ve already known and try to guess more.
  You often make inference in your daily life. 
(Ex. May only has twenty dollars. There are two kinds of   drink. One of them is fifteen dollars, and the other one is twenty dollars. So we guess she will buy the fifteen dollars one.)

Exercise   1
Now, read the paragraph. Please make inference according to the question!!

(Woman)
Hi, how are things going at the office lately?
(Man)
Great! We are having a great year so far. Sales are up, and everybody is motivated. How are things going at your company?
(Woman)
Unfortunately, business is not good, and management just announced more layoffs

Question
What is going to happen at the woman’s workplace?
Ans.  Some employees will lose their jobs

Exercise   2
Now, read the paragraph. Please make inference according to the question!!

W: Wow, this is a long line. What are you standing in line for?
M: I am going to buy doughnuts.
W: I have never had a doughnut. Are they good?
M: I have never had one, but if the line is this long, they must be good.
W: I would really like to try one, but I have to be back at work in less than an hour. Do you know when they close?
M: I think they close at nine.
W: Good, I get off work at five, and I’d like to try something sweet for dinner.

Question
What will the woman probably do after she gets off work?
Ans. Get a doughnut.

0 意見: